These do-it-yourself vertigo treatments will help prevent and get you through bouts of dizziness. These tips are so easy, anyone can do them!
Take a Deep Breath
Deep breathing provides the brain with enough oxygen. It also relaxes the nervous system. There are instances where you may feel dizzy because you are not breathing well.
- Sit on a chair or lie down in a comfortable position
- Close your mouth and place press one nostril with your thumb. Do this while placing the other hand on your abdomen
- Use your open nostril to inhale oxygen and try to take in as much as you can
- Close the other nostril and hold in the breath
- Slowly exhale the air and try to remove as much air from your belly as possible
- Repeat the procedure several times and sit for around 5 minutes
Getting a Good Night Sleep
Vertigo can result from lack of enough sleep. Not getting enough sleep can worsen vertigo symptoms and it can also make you tired.
Sleep for 8 hours every day if you want to feel better. The quality of your sleep is also important. If you are having trouble sleeping, we recommend the following.
- Take hot milk before you retire to bed
- Turn off any distractions, like radios, computers, and television sets
- Take a warm bath before retiring to bed
Remember, one of the biggest causes of vertigo is stress and lack of sleep. A good night sleep is an easy vertigo home treatment method.
When you Feel Dizzy sit Down or lie Down
When you feel dizzy, standing will not help. It will only increase your chances of toppling to the ground. Sitting or lying down will allow your body to adjust. It will also stop the dizziness.
- Remain seated for a few minutes or until the dizziness ends.
- Placing your head between your legs can help get rid of dizzy feelings.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds and Indian gooseberry in a glass of hot water overnight.
- Strain the solution in the morning and add some sugar to make it taste better before you drink
Perform Simple Exercises
Some of the tasks that can end dizziness include:
- Visual fixation practices
- Blinking your eyes in a rapid manner
- Walking with your eyes closed or open
- Moving your eyeballs in varying directions
- Walking on a steep surface while staring at a given point
- Tandem walking
- Moving your neck in either clockwise or anti-clockwise motion
You can repeat these exercises at given times during the day
This is how to prepare your lemon drink:
- Mix salt, black pepper, sugar, and lemon juice in lukewarm water. Mix well and drink.
Lemon is a natural vertigo home treatment agent and it’s used in a variety of ways. For example, if you like, you can sprinkle lemon peels in your salad.
The vitamin C from the lemon helps in boosting your immune system and helps your body to fight illnesses. It fights free radicals that cause vertigo. Lemon has its other nutrients that can keep you energized and refreshed.
Adding lemon to your meals provides a source of antioxidants. It adds trace minerals that can help with vertigo.
You can mash ripe strawberries and mix with yogurt. Consume this yogurt if you want vertigo to disappear. Eating strawberries on their own is also beneficial. They can help reducing dizziness and any rotating sensation.
Nausea is one of the common symptoms of vertigo.
- Suck on ginger candies or chew a small piece of ginger root
- Drink ginger tea or ginger ale daily
- Use ginger supplements.
Ginger is a popular remedy for dizziness and nausea. It helps blood flow to your brain and your other body parts. It can also help reduce the severity of dizziness. Ginger fights blood pressure as well as acidity which can reduce vertigo.
Almond milk has several ingredients that can speed up the healing process.
- Soak almonds in water and leave them overnight
- The following morning, grind them to make a fine paste and add the paste to lukewarm milk
- Stir well before drinking, and use this drink daily
Almond milk has vitamin E, vitamin B, carbohydrates, and fiber. It can symptoms of vertigo.
Water and Juices/Liquids
Dizziness is a symptom of dehydration. Dehydration reduces the blood volume and reduces the oxygen that reaches your brain. Remember, your body’s balance system also needs fluids.
- Drink a glass of water when you feel dizzy. Be sure to drink enough water throughout the day. 8-10 glasses should do it.
- Healthy liquids will help too. Try fruit juices, soups, green tea or vegetable juice. Stay away from soda.
Massage is a vertigo home treatment methods that provides a soothing effect. It also releases tension and stress. Massage improves the flow of blood in the body, including your brain.
Having a massage once in a while can be helpful and especially if you choose lavender oil as it has more benefits.
Mustard and Salt
In equal portions, mix pepper, salt, mustard, and vinegar. Drink the mixture by adding a cup of water. This will help in increasing blood circulation. This vertigo home treatment requires few ingredients and is easy to prepare.
Don’t Do It on Your Own
Be sure consult a doctor to understand the severity of your vertigo. Before resorting to vertigo home treatment, you will need to know what type of vertigo you have. You will also need to know which ear has a problem.